Bio of Robert Leon Tillman
· Robert Tillman was born and raised on a 160 acres farm near Boley, OK.
· Robert attended Anderson Chapel Grade School/Boley High School.
· Robert graduated from Wichita High School East in Wichita, Kansas in 1964.
· Robert spent the next 10 years working for local companies; King Music Company, Coleman, Cessna, Wesley Medical Center and Boeing Aircraft.
· Robert served 6 years in the Kansas Army National Guard from 1966-1972.
· Robert co-owned/managed Dick’s Lounge & also Tillman Family Restaurant.
· Robert enrolled in Wichita State University in 1974 and graduated with a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree, with triples majors in Psychology, Sociology and Minority Studies in 1978.
· Robert continued his post graduate studies at Wichita State University graduating with a Masters of Arts Degree in Sociology in 1981.
· Robert worked for 2 years as an Assistant Teacher of Sensory Motor Skills & Recreational Therapy at the Holy Family School Center.
· Robert served two terms as a Precinct Committeeman.
· Robert served on the Board of Directors for the United Way for 4 years, Wichita Sedgwick County Regional Prevention Center for 12 years and served as its secretary for 4 years, Project Freedom for 6 years, the (Federal) Halfway House of Adults for 12 years and served as its President for 2 years, the local chapter of the National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice for 12 years and was its President for 6 years and served the NAACP Board off and on for over 20 years. He has also served on a local committee to establish a Credit Union. He served on the Wichita, Sedgwick County Kansas Prison Re-Integration Task Force for 3 years.
· Robert has worked for the three local branches of government; the City of Wichita, Sedgwick County, and the State of Kansas. He served the great State of Kansas; Kansas Supreme Court, Sedgwick County 18th Judicial District Court, as a Court Services Officer for 24 years. He was a supervisor for 17 of those 24 years. As an honor, the Kansas Supreme Court retired his Badge and ID and presented them to him upon his retirement in May 2008.
· Now Robert Tillman wants to continue to serve to the State of Kansas as a Senator from Kansas.
2802 BEACON HILL ROAD, WICHITA, KANSAS 67220.
Telephone: 316-689-8184, E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
PAID FOR BY ROBERT TILLMAN FOR US SENATE